Thursday, June 21, 2007

Acrylic Painting of Poet/Musician Alan Cooper

"I live most of the year in Alma, New Brunswick, Canada, a small fishing village on the Bay of Fundy. I run Owl's Head Press, a poetry publishing house from my 120 year old homestead. I've been a full-time poet for 28 years, and have published 12 books. I was a member of the blues trio Isaac, Blewett and Cooper for a number of years and am now working solo. In 1990 I published a book of poems by the well-known American poet, Robert Bly. I've been married to Laurie Armstrong for 24 years, and we have a 21 year old daughter, Katie."

Have a look at his blogs!

2 comments:

Al Cooper said...

Rod:

So good to hear from you!And to see the painting from, I believe, the Broadway Cafe days. Not much music right now. I've written enough material for a new cd. But, and this is a big but, it will cost around $10,000.00. So I'm going to keep writing until I'm 59 and do a record for my 60th.

Hope you guys are doing fine. The painting is wonderful!

Allan

C. Mackay said...

Hello everyone, this brings back some nice memories... looking forward to more music too!